Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hello

shed landscape oil painting australia andy dolphin(The Shed, 2007. Oil on board. © Andy Dolphin)
SOLD

I am a Western Australian artist and I've been planning an art-related blog for quite some time but never seemed to find the time to get around to it. I've finally bitten the bullet and hope to be able to update it regularly - the title suggests it will be weekly, reality suggests otherwise but we'll see how we go.

I am an oil painter living in the southwest of Western Australia. I do mainly landscapes and seascapes but that could change at any time.

My plan for this blog, if it can be called a plan, is to keep a journal of my experiences in art. I'll discuss paintings and sketches, books I've read and videos I've watched. I will also show recent paintings including, occasionally, some step-by-step demonstrations.

Other issues I expect to cover are framing, exhibiting, colours, brushes, supports, clouds, rain, intense heat and tiger snakes (I saw two while out taking photos today - one was just a couple of metres away and, unusually, heading straight for me).

I'll be looking forward to comments and questions as people slowly discover I'm here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I just discovered you're here.
    Odd, as John (your brother) didn't know this blog existed either!
    :)

    As you can see I made it through the whole blog and I enjoyed every post! I am a fan of your artwork!

    Barb in Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sssh, don't tell anyone about the blog, I'm trying to keep it a secret :)

    Thanks Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be discreet, but I think John already mentioned it to your dad.
    :)

    ReplyDelete