Sunday, January 2, 2011

Imagine

I woke up this morning with a landscape image in my head. This almost never happens to me so I got up and had a go at reproducing it in Photoshop.

I quite like it...

digital landscape painting australian farm
(Imaginary landscape. 1000x717px digital. © Andy Dolphin)

I've spent quite a bit of time recently driving around the Porongurups and this image is heavily influenced by the region although it is nowhere in particular. I've resisted the temptation to saturate the colours as the paddocks are quite bleached at this time of year.

I created this in Photoshop using one custom, cartoon-style cross-hatch brush I downloaded from Chris Wahl's blog. Click on the image to see its effect in more detail.

Thanks for making the brushes available Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment