Friday, August 8, 2014

Brass vase and flowers - still life in oil

Here's the latest painting in my "brass on red" series.

Brass vase and flowers still life oil painting by Andy Dolphin
 Brass vase with yellow bouquet
25x30 cm oil on board. 
 © Andy Dolphin

As with the other still lifes, I'll probably work a little more on this one after it's dried a bit. I'll also try to get a better photo.

Here's how it looked as just an under-painting.

Brass vase and flowers still life under-painting by Andy Dolphin

I liked it so much at this stage, I'm thinking of doing a similar one with orange flowers.

I never intended for this to be a series but I'm enjoying the vivid colours and will probably keep playing with different arrangements until I get bored with them.


NEWDEGATE MACHINERY FIELD DAYS

September 3 and 4, 2014

I entered the Newdegate Machinery Field Days art competition for the first time last year. My wife and I took the 3-plus-hours trip to visit the event and were impressed with the exhibition so I decided I had to enter again.

You'll find Newdegate about 400km south-east of Perth and 50km east of Lake Grace.

If you're anywhere near that region in a few week's time, you really should pay the show a visit. I may even bump into you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment