Friday, September 12, 2014

More toys - still life oil painting

Here's my latest still life.

The teddy bear, books and candlestick came from a local op-shop, the flowers are synthetic and from a discount shop, and the beads were my daughter's, before she grew up.

I chose the bear because he looked pre-loved and has an expression suggesting he's just a little bit lost in his own world. I found he looked even better when he was sitting just slightly off vertical.

Teddy bear, flowers and beads still life oil painting by Andy Dolphin
 Valuables
25x30cm oil on board. 
 © Andy Dolphin


Here's a  reminder, too, that the Great Southern Art & Craft Trail starts in just a couple of weeks, on September 27, and runs for two weeks.

I'll have a few paintings out at Manyat Peak Gallery near the Porongurup Range, and will be spending a little bit of time out there painting and meeting visitors. If you're in the region, be sure to pick up a trail map from a visitor centre or gallery, and check out the wide range of work on display.

1 comment:

  1. How cute teddy and candle sticks near to him are looking just fabulous. I just love to attend art exhibitions are my favourite art form is Aboriginal Art. Can you share more pictures here?

    ReplyDelete